23 January, 2008

Unexpected Kindness

My train season ticket stopped working on Monday. Because I got the ticket through work (it is the most expensive thing I own apart from the house!)I have to get a letter from Human Resources. That I can't find on the system, not that I've had much spare time at work. its not such a big deal as the station people let you through the barrier ok. I think they are used to the tickets not working.
This evening as I got to my home station, I called through to the ticket lady to be let through. She is a bit scary. I've seen her take no sh!t from customers. Anyhow she lets me through.
Scary ticket lady: Come here and I'll replace your ticket.
Me: You can't I have to get a letter from HR
Scary lady: I don't care I'll change it for you.

See even when she being nice there is a twinge of scariness. Any how she changed my ticket, no fuss. She was the last person I expected to bend the rules or go out of her way to help. Still a bit scared of her though.

2 comments:

steverobbo said...

Are you sure she's not scared of you?

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Yikes, scary British Rail ladies! At least she was nice scary!