06 February, 2011

Up and Down

Been reading a few blogs, where the writers talk about their depression and how they cope not cope.
This is my take on it. Depression is extremely frightening as you can not trust what you are thinking. For me it took anti depressants (which are not a quick fix or happy pills by any stretch) and one to one therapy.
I remember a Doctor telling me that depression comes in waves, with the waves becoming more and more spaced out over time. I found this to be true.
But depression is so awful that when you are feeling down or low, which is natural,you start to panic that you are slipping into depression. So now you are feeling low and panicking. Not good.
I have a book that I write down my worries and stuff and I find that just getting all down on paper really helps.
The best way I found was to remind myself that this feeling will pass. I will feel better. And if it is the starting of depression: so what? I beaten before I can beat it again.

No comments: