12 February, 2011

Romance and happy tears

I have always loved crime books : hard boiled, cozy, supernatural but not true.As i am getting older though I am starting to appreciate romance. I LOVE Rivals and the endings to The man who made husbands jealous and Score! are just the best ever! They bring a happy tear to my eye.
It is lovely , lovely escapism and in Score there is even a murder or 2.
I find that as I get older I get more sentimental. Children singing carols, the Gold medal wards ceremony, the winner of the grand national - all make me choke up. But it is nice having a happy cry , isn't it? In a lot of ways crime books are just as escapist as a romance. it is just that men read them.

2 comments:

The Book Nut said...

You're right, any good book is an escape! I do love to see a little romance in my crime novels, and even I get a tear in my eye from time to time! :)

Gina said...

you big softy! lol!