20 May, 2009

Too old?

There has been a lot in the news recently about a pregnant woman of 66. She will be 67 when the baby is born. People have had plenty to say about it- mainly that she is being selfish because she will die when the child is relatively young. Personally I don't think that is a reason against- no one knows when they are going to die.
I've blogged before about not being able to have children. I had some courses of fertility treatment and they didn't work. I didn't get pregnant but I did go round the twist. I stopped the treatment because I was at the end of my tether. I don't think I will ever get get over it: I work round it, I feel that I have come to terms with it. When I hear of women in their 60s or 50s getting pregnant ( and how old were they when they started?) it makes me think perhaps that yearning never goes away.

No comments: