17 May, 2009

Off with her Head!

Yesterday Mum and me took the Little Dudes to the Tower of London. I have blogged before about how I think London is a great city, and that I am very lucky to have all that on my door step.
We had a wonderful but tiring time (all those steps!) The ravens were the size of Jack Russells and were very bold. There were signs in many, many languages warning that they bite. Each raven had a colour bank round it's ankle. (Do birds have ankles?)On one of the many leaflets we were given was a guide on the Ravens. The colour told you what their name was. How good is that?!
Amongst on the Towers is a Tudor House. It is called the Queen's House and Henry built it for Ann. The house faced the green where they executed people- including Ann herself.
We also went to the Tower where the important prisoners were kept. On the walls you could see where they had craved their names- one was Jane , who the historians think was Lady Jane Grey. it was a bit sad, really.
The main exhibition was "Dressed to kill" and showed the armour. There were interactive displays (thank goodness as I found out the Littlest Dude loves to touch things). If you have a chance to go there I strongly recommend it.

No comments: