29 May, 2009

Tommy's Teeth

Yesterday Tommy Dog had to have a few teeth taken out. poor little blighter. I took today off work to look after him. After a shaky start (he turned his nose up at breakfast but ate up his pain killers and anti biotics no problem, thank goodness) I took him for a shortish walk. I took over to see Danny dog and Rodney gave him pieces of cheese that he snapped up. As Tom was walking he had his mouth hanging open and I was surprised to see that he still has quite a lot of teeth left. The walk - or was it the cheese? perked Tom up. A bit later I fed him chicken which he wolfed down. As I type this he is having a snooze.
Tescos pet insurance excludes dental work. When I think of how much we have paid in insurance in the past 6 years we have had him it makes me go cold. We would have been better off putting the money in a savings account. So we are going to cancel the insurance and do just that.

No comments: