15 November, 2008

Random bits

Bought a big Christmas stocking /bag thing and one of those cheap temporary Christmas shops that are in the High Street. Since we got Tommy we daren't put up a proper Christmas tree (the temptation to make his mark would be too great) so I put all the presents in a stocking. I notice last year it had got a bit thread bare so I bought a new one. Realised that I am really looking forward to putting up the Christmas decorations. I put them up on the first and take them done on the 27th.  

Talking of Tommy, I think he is cleverer than he lets on. The other night we were downstairs eating dinner and Tom was upstairs (sprawled out on his bed, or looking out of his bedroom window guarding against cats) and  I asked if he had finished and were the left overs for the dog, and Tom came running downstairs and sat opposite Steve, tail wagging. Then later that evening I asked where the dog was and he thumped his tail against the floor (he was lying on the floor the other side of the settee) it was if he was answering me!

On 11th November we observed the 2 minute silence at work. During the silence I pray - The Lords Prayer or Hail Mary. This year was the first time I thought - there's no one there. It was an uncomfortable feeling, but if I'm really honest with myself I don't believe.

Am fed up to the back teeth about the arguments against gay marriages. Especially "but they can't have children"card. AAARGGGGH!!!

2 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I will never forget doing a homecheck with Lurcher No.2 at Christmas time and he peed up against their tree! So embarassing!

Gina said...

I suppose their reaction was a good test to see if they had the right attitude to having a dog!