16 November, 2008

Dad

One of the reasons why I have a high embarrassment threshold is my Dad.  he is what people call a character.  
he rang me up this morning. This is the conversation:
Dad: You all right?
Gina: Yeah, you ?
Dad: Angela rang me this morning. You and Angela sound alike don't you
Gina (thinking has he only just realised that. Angela has been around 37 years and been talking for about 35 of them): Well we are sisters.
Dad giggling: Only Angela rang this morning and I thought it was you mucking about! And she kept saying it's Angela and I said naw its you Gina, mucking about.
Gina; What was she doing , asking for money?!

Afterwards I rang up Angela. She said it was the most bizarre telephone conversation she has ever had.

BTW I have never rang my parents pretending to be anyone other than me. Oh apart from that time I pretended to be calling from Mum's temping agency pretending to offer her a job as an usherette, but that was years ago.

No comments: