10 July, 2008

Dentist.

I went to the Dentist today for a check up. He talked about my bacteria ridden gums, but wouldn't clean my teeth (you know the industrial clean the dentist does, obviously I clean my teeth.) he said I had to make an appointment with the Hygienist. So I went to make an appointment and the receptionist told me it was 45 quid.
Gina: 45 quid!!
Receptionist: Shall I just book you in for your next 6 month check up?
Gina: Will the dentist tell me off?
Receptionist: No, you don't have to see the hygienist. The dentist has suggested it, bit you don't have to see her.
Gina: Ok, I'll just book for a check up.

I felt really fed up, what with my bacteria ridden gums and all. As I don't believe I have got bacteria ridden gums and I know how to clean my teeth I don't trust my dentist anymore.
I will, however, buy some dental floss. And try not to be too squeamish to use it this time.

3 comments:

H said...

That's why I have an NHS dentist. He cleans my teeth and does a check up for £15. Lovely. Alex goes private and surprisingly the dentist always says he "needs" to see they hygienist and she said he "needed" to buy interdental brushes from her. Bloody rip off.

Gina said...

But Hannah I have a NHS dentist - that is why I'm so peeved off.

H said...

Really? He must be playing games! Unless this is a new rule?!