05 July, 2008

Crisps

Coming back from walking the dog this morning I saw my neighbour and his neighbour. Now my neighbour is very pleasantly padded but there seems to be less padding now.

me: Have you lost weight? You look like you've lost weight.
My neighbour (grimaces): Yes the doctor put me on a diet.
Me: harsh. But it is working.
My neighbour; I haven't eaten crisps in 3 months.
His Neighbour (who is thin): I love crisps.
me: me too.
My neighbour: I used to eat ten packets a day. I'd rather eat crisps than dinner. I love crisps.
Me: I'd rather eat crisps than chocolate
His neighbour: me too.
Then we all went quiet thinking about how much we love the crisps.
This morning I looked up from reading the paper to see a cat standing in the doorway. Luckily Tom was asleep and didn't see it and I shoo-ed it away. As Tom is older now I'm not sure he could catch a cat - but I don't want to put it to the test.

1 comment:

Chicken Lisa said...

Reading this has made me have a 'mmm crisps' moment! I'm a cheap crisps person myself - anyone for some 'Bobby's Twists'??