16 June, 2008

Book shops

I'm getting fed up with bookshops.Being a book junkie I never thought I'd be saying that. But these days shops don't sell books that I want to read. They seem to sell a very narrow range of authors. I'm sure that this has to do with with economies of scale and all that sort of stuff, but it means I end up using Amazon when I'd much rather spend my money in a book shop. Its nice whiling away an hour, picking up books, having a quick flick to see if I want to buy it. These days I find bookshops boring and samey. It is a shame. And I don't get the same "hit" buying books from Amazon.

1 comment:

Chicken Lisa said...

Right there with you on this one! Book or CD shopping really beats clothes shopping! You cant beat the thrill of finding a book that looks beautiful..