14 November, 2007

Twittering on..

Walking to work I noticed a bill board advert, it was of a young man smiling, his head half turned from the camera. I thought it was an advert for a learning disabilities charity, so I took I further look. Imagine my surprise when it turns out the young man is an actor and advertising a new shop opening in London! the tag line was Nicholas Hoult Londoner since (can't remember the date, as I was reeling from the fact I had thought Nicholas had learning disabilities.)Since then I seen quite a few of there Londoner since.. adverts. Now I have firm views on this. Either you're a Londoner by birth or you're not. For instance I've lived in Southend since 1998 but I wouldn't call myself a Southender. So I think those adverts should say Lived in London Since...
BTW its not that I think being a Londoner is superior to being born any where else. In fact I was born in a very daggy part of London.

No comments: