18 November, 2007

Bbbrrrr!!!!

It is getting chilly now, which makes me love cosy lies in even more. I get paid this week so I'm going to do my Christmas shopping next weekend. This will be the first year Steve and I won't be buying Christmas presents for each other, as we've had a few unexpected expenses this year (understatement of the year.) I'm getting the Little Dudes some X box 360 over priced rubbish from Amazon. I'll probably get the rest of the presents from TK Maxx.
I know that I not the first to say this - but Christmas is such a marketing dream- the pressure to spend is irresistible. I like to think of myself as level headed but I go MAD on the supermarket Christmas shop. I think it is the only time I feel the need to buy a giant tub of Twiglets (wtf?)I really worry that we might RUN OUT of something over Christmas Day and Boxing Day and spend FAR TOO MUCH.
Usually I spread the cost of Christmas from September, but due to one thing and another I haven't be able to do so this year. Now I could do one of 2 things - bung it all on my credit card or STICK to a BUDGET*. I'm going to grit my teeth and stick to a budget. Wish me luck...

* Without turning into to one of those people who send Christmas cards so cheap and floppy they won't stand up and give those awful, awful presents where you REALLY wished they hadn't BOTHERED. I can't give any examples in case they're reading this..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the make-over - very smart!

Love and cheese footballs, Mrs M ~ X ~