25 November, 2007

(in) Fidelity.

Along the high street is a public phone box. When I was walking Tom this morning there was a woman using it. I thought how unusual it is to use a call box these days as most people have got mobile phones. As I walked past not earwigging at all, I could her shouting and pleading. And I thought - Mmnn you're having an affair.
I have very clear thoughts on "affairs" and that is if you're fed up/fallen out of love with your partner finish with them so that you are free to pursue more interesting possibilities. Don't be scared to be by yourself and cling to someone/anyone rather than be alone. I think some people have affairs as a power trip, as a way of getting one over on your partner. It would be pathetic if it didn't have the potential to hurt so many people. it is just not a very nice way to behave.
I'm not speaking here as a smug married,. Many moons ago I was with some moron and I discovered he was shagging around on me. One of the saddest things about it all was up until then I had always believed what he had told me. I had trusted him.
BTW woman in phone box if you were in that public call box for innocent reasons, I'm sorry that I judged you. You certainly didn't sound very happy.

No comments: