16 December, 2006

Tooth ache

Many years ago when I was 21, in Paris, eating a baguette I broke my tooth. When i got home the dentist did his best to fix it...and i have had trouble with it ever since. i have spent hundreds of pounds on that tooth and like a ungrateful child , it has given me grief over the years. i have had the filling refilled FOUR times. At one pint I even had a gold filling - but that didn't last long. I went to the dentist the other week and mentioned it was giving me a gyp again. he said it was now sensitive ( i don't know why - that tooth has had my attention much more than all the teeth) and give me a filling thing between my gum and the tooth. It has twinged on and off ever since but I have ignored it ( I could go on with the child metaphor..but I'm sure you get the drift.) Tonight is has been twinging a lot. I always ask the dentist if he'll take it out but he acts like I'm joking. I think I'll have to book another trip to the dentist. its such a hassle as I'll have to make the time up at work.

Just read Rosemary's baby - what a good writer Ira Levin is. He uses language in a sparse, powerful way. i bet he would have won the Yellow Advertiser Ghost story competition.

No comments: