26 December, 2006

Fantasy Shopping.

I am brand neutral. I've never wanted a designer handbag. I buy generic clothes. If anything I am an inverted snob. I think some wide screen tellies are just too wide. I'd rather die than stick a plasma over my (fake) fire place. I've got a MP3 player rather than an I Pod. So why am I such a sucker for le Creuset cookware? If I could afford it I'd have all my cookware le Creuset. As it is I just have one volcanic orange cocotte casserole dish. And I love it. if the house was on fire I would save it. When I'm cooking with that , in my head I am in my Seventeenth century country cottage cooking on my Aga. And Agas was the deal with them? - we stayed in a cottage a few years ago and that had an Aga. In fact that was one of the reasons I wanted to stay there. it was a nightmare to cook with -I may as well microwaved the jacket potatoes -but I would still like one. Anyway with my Christmas money i have just bought another cocotte- it is blue and reduced to £35 - which is CHEAP- you normally don't get those babies for anything less than £60. I've bought it off Amazon in case you want to buy one as well. I don't why I love them so but I do. When I marry George Clooney I 'm going to have a Le Creuset wedding list. You see George will comfort me when Steve runs off with Fi Glover/Carol McGiffen.

No comments: