28 December, 2010

Hostess with the mostest

The Robbos are "at home" tomorrow. Of course the Robbos are at home everyday, however when one is "at home" it means that one has invited people over.
My sister is a natural hostess. Angela has hosted Body Shop /gold/interior design parties as favours to friends. Angela always lays out a good buffet and the wine is always topped up. Angela seems to take all this in her stride. And she is very good at it.
As for me ...well years ago we would have friends over for dinner. I enjoyed getting the stuff all ready and I think people had a good time. But times change. Friends now have children and it is easier for us to go to them. Friends live further away...I can't pin point the exact reason, but apart from immediate family we haven't had any one over for yonks. By yonks, I mean I can't remember the last time - it may have been earlier this year, but I'm not sure.
So I've invited some friends over tomorrow. I'm doing a buffet, which isn't actually easier than cooking a meal because you worry you haven't got enough stuff and just before the guests arrive you get Buffet Remorse. Why didn't I just cook dinner so much simpler!
Still, now, at this moment I am really looking forward to it. It should be such fun!

No comments: