12 December, 2010

Films

I watched Sex and The City 2 last night ..and was cringing by the end of it. What happened to the cutting edge, insightful humour? The series was always glamorous and escapist but it also had a hard edge - Charlotte's disastrous first marriage that she really tried to make work, Samantha's cancer. This was all just fluff - Miranda's problems at work were completely glossed over, so much so I wondered why they were mentioned in the first place. What I did like was Carrie and Big's (he'll never be John to me) decision that they didn't want children -and that wasn't turned over by her getting pregnant at the end of the film.(Yes, Four Christmases I am looking at you). However I am bit worried that they will be saving that for Sex and the City 3..

also watched It's Complicated - mainly for the gorgeous interiors rather than the story. In fact I do that a lot whilst watching films, clocking the accessories.

No comments: