20 January, 2010

Men and Women

As I get older I notice that I seem to get on better with men than I do with women. This is a huge surprise to me. Yesterday it dawned on me why this is. Most women my age have children. And they talk about them (nothing wrong in that!) but as I don't have kids I can't really join in. So the mothers are all chatting about children stuff, their common bond and I can either sit on the side lines, getting depressed or I can go over and talk to the blokes. Fathers don't seem to talk about their children much and so it is easier for me to find common stuff to talk about.
There is a Calpol advert where the tag line is : If you're a parent, you'll understand. (When I was going through the fertility stuff - that used to really hurt, I felt like it was personally directed at me.)Well the tag line to this is :if you haven't got kids you'll understand.

No comments: