03 January, 2010

Films

Just before Christmas, we signed up for the Sky Movies channel. Movies - to me they will always be films , although I've noticed that the Little Dudes call films, movies. Any hoo I digress. I watched a few chick flics -The Jane Austen Book Club and the Holiday. I couldn't believe how stoopid The Holiday was. As Jack Black was it it I thought that it would be at least okay. I was wrong it was really stupid and made no sense. Although I don't want chick flics for the plots , or even the acting. I like the props. The gorgeous homes they live in, the interesting knick knacks. The clothes and jewellery that the leading women wear. I loved the bathroom Kate Winslet had in the holiday. I liked the cosy cardy Jocelyn wore on the beach, and the over sized wine glasses Sylvia had in Jane Austen's Book Club.
I also watched The Mist. Although it was a big B movie it had one of the best endings ever. The ending made it worth seeing the film - and no, for a change, I won't spoil it for you!

No comments: