01 November, 2009

Wet and wild

I've mentioned before that I like walking the dog in the rain. This morning it has been hammering it down and looking out at the garden the bushes and trees were swaying in the gusty wind. Tom looked at me expectantly, he was happy to go out in it...what could I do?
Tom was kitted out in his coat. I put my big anorak hoody, warm jumper, jeans and boots. Leaving the house I had to hang on to the hood , to stop it blowing back. My jeans were soaked through and the dog looked like a big black rat. Walking out to the beach there were lots of windsurfers , catching the chopping waves. Tom and I watched them for a bit - we couldn't get any wetter, and Tom didn't seem bothered.
When we got home I towel dried the dog. Peeled off the wet clothes (even my socks were wet) and sorted out some dry warm clothes. I'm glad we've got a cozy house.
I don't intend going out again today.

No comments: