16 November, 2009

Cooker RIP

Saturday evening I made a lasagna, Popped it in the oven, set the temperature at 180 C and went off to do exciting things, like watch TV. After 30 minutes I went back to check on dinner. The lasagna was stone cold! The big oven was broken! I went and turned it off at the mains, put it back on again and it still didn't work And why should it - you can't reboot a cooker can you?
Luckily the top oven still works so I cooked it in that. As the cooker is at least 20 years old - it was my Mum's old cooker and she got it second hand- I think it is time for a new one. I felt a bit sad though - it was a really good cooker.
On Sunday we watched Disney's Christmas Carol. Yes that's right not Dickens' Christmas Carol, Disney's. It was v.good although I felt a bit sick with all the swooping /flying across London scenes.

No comments: