11 October, 2009

Radio Rise and Shine

The first week back to work completed! And it wasn't so bad.
Before I went back to work my radio alarm clock died. Well I say mine, it came with Steve when we moved in together but it ended up my side of the bed. Steve reckons it is about 20 years old. I used to wake up to Radio 2, but Sarah Kennedy started to get on my nerves. As I get ready for work at 5.45 I don't want to hear the presenter moaning about how little sleep she's had, she doesn't feel well etc etc. Radio 4 is too heavy for me at that time of the day. So for the past couple of months I've been getting ready for work in silence. Steve replaced the radio with a digital radio alarm. And I love it. I love how it looks- all sleek black and petite. I wake up to Radio 6, Chris Hawkins the presenter is smart and funny (and awake!) and the music - well readers, the music is great and you never know what is coming next, but I'm actually singing along. I can't remember the last time I sang along to the radio.

No comments: