28 February, 2009

Big clean

Since I've been working in London Steve does the majority of the cleaning. Which is fantastic. But on Saturday mornings I run the place over with a duster. Give the kitchen a quick wipe down. I may clean the fish tank.
Today as well as those jobs I bleached the thingy that you put in your kitchen drawer and store your cutlery in. What is that called?*A cutlery holder? I was shocked by how manky it was. The Robbos must have excellent immune systems. We do keep the house clean-honest! , but some things just get over looked. As I had all the cutlery out I bleached them as well, and in a fit bleaching also added the mugs.
Then in a cleaning frenzy I pulled out our big bed and cleaned away all the dust bunnies. I say dust bunnies but dust monsters is more like it.
Now I don't need to do all this. Steve polishes and vacuums during the week and if I asked him to do bleach the cutlery and mugs he would. I think cleaning the house for me, is like Tommy peeing up against stuff on our walks. I'm marking my territory.

*A cutlery tray. It is called a cutlery tray. I was making a cup of tea and it suddenly came to me.

No comments: