18 August, 2008

Friends

I'm reading this book "Still thinking about you" by Adele parks. At least I think it is called that as I seem to give books titles (eg American Gods/Gods of America) It is about a group of close knit friends attending a friends wedding. it is refreshing because it seems to be saying close knit friends are necessarily a good thing. Something I whole heartedly agree with. Before I met the gorgeous Mr Robbo I was engaged to Another Steve. Steve had kept in touch with a lot of hos school friends (something I hadn't managed to do) and at first I thought it was really nice. We'd all meet up, go to concerts, weekends away, we had our local.......and everyone knew everyone's business and had an opinion on it. Another Steve's bestest friend never said 2 words to me(but it took me a little while to realise that he wasn't shy but just deemed me unworthy of speaking to), his brother would say make Another Steve promise not to tell me stuff he told him (which he wouldn't have done anyway..but it all seemed so dramatic). I found it quite claustrophobic.

Now a days Steve and I have friends and it is nice, but we all don't live in each other's pockets, which is even nicer.

No comments: