31 December, 2007

Happy New year

I have lost my voice. I haven't been able to speak since Saturday. I HATE not being able to talk. Its boring.
As I haven't been able to talk I've been thinking instead. (I know you should be able to think and talk at the same time. I normally talk and then think...) I've been thinking about pivotal moments in my life. The things that have made me the person I am today.

1. Going to a senior school where I didn't know any one at all. V.scary at the time but it taught me to rely on myself and to make the effort to make friends.

2. Manipulative boyfriends taught me not to believe everything some one tells you. And to trust my gut instinct. Let their actions tell you what they are really saying.

3. Travelling the world - that there is no place like home. And for many travelling doesn't broaden the mind, it confirms their prejudices.

4. Not having children. For the first time in my life I didn't get something that I really wanted.It made me look deep inside myself. I think this more than anything made me grow up.

5.Finally getting my maths O level on the 4th attempt. Application is more important than talent.


My New Years Eve will be rather subdued. In fact I don't think I'll be staying up till Midnight - but I hope you,dear reader, have a rollicking good time!

1 comment:

aries_arevalo_ax said...

That's good, having time to reflect on the previous year. That, I think is the right thing to do before New Year's day.