08 December, 2007

Be careful of what you wish for...

I've been moaning about how I never get to see our home in day light during the week. Well this Thursday and Friday I got my wish. I wake up about 5.30 each morning and lie there for 15 minutes waiting for the alarm to go off. Off went the alarm, I sat up and stretched -and ping! my neck went. A shooting pain from my chin to my shoulder. It was agony bending over to put the plug in the bath but I kept thinking the pain would go and I can't call in sick over this.( I hate having sick days as it just causes more work for your colleagues. Also I haven't been at that job long and I don't want them to think that they can't rely on me.) When I tried to wash my hair and couldn't lift my arm I realised that it wasn't getting any better. Steve had to ring work for me because I couldn't hold a phone to my ear. Reader, I was crippled. Steve took me over to my parents because he didn't want to leave his crippled wife home alone. I even needed help getting up from a chair. My parents did a good job looking after their elderly child. I went to the Doctor who advised it was a muscle spasm.(Angela had something similar years ago and it turned out to be a sinus infection.) I used industrial quanties of Deep Heat. When I woke up Friday it still really hurt- the pain started to go about 7 Friday evening. I've just got a niggle now, still using the Deep Heart but leaving off the Nurofen.
The moral of this story - be very careful what you moan about.

4 comments:

thot said...

My english is poor but I think I understood the moral of the story. That happens very often.
We always wish to be better or have many more things and we forget that we could be ill or living in worse conditions...

Sorry for my poor english and congratulations for your blog.

Gina said...

Thanks Thot. Your English is far superior to my Spanish ;0)

Anonymous said...

OMG poor you... I have found in the last 5 years that I keep pulling a muscle in my neck which ceases up the ability to look left or right without turning the whole body and the pain travles across the shoulders and down the back. Normally takes about 7 days for the movement to be fully restored and the pain to go. I talked to my Dr about it and his response was "I'm afraid my dear, you've hit 40 and from here on, things will start dropping off!" LOL That was a great help but I think what he meant was, it's nothing serious, everyone gets it as they get older. What a pain in the neck!! (Literally! LOL)... xXx

Gina said...

getting older -looking forward to having muscle spasms and hot flushes ;0)