01 November, 2010

Diamonds and Marketing

I stumbled over this blog, Rowdy kittens.. It really struck a cord.
I love diamonds. I rather I did. I used to love looking at jewellery websites and fantasise over all the lovely rings. I've blogged before about how I'd like to change wedding rings (wearing the same old ring day in day out..)
Then 2 things happened. I watched the WAGS Come Dine With Me , and was repelled by their massive melon farmer of diamond rings. Then I went to a Pampered Chef evening, and looking round at the other ladies there. all of us wearing our solitaires and wedding bands...I felt like a Stepford Wife.
So it made me have a little re think, which is a good thing. Enough of the diamond madness!!!

4 comments:

Chicken Lisa said...

A confession...I miss wearing my engagement ring!! It's a beautiful solitaire that I don't feel I can wear anymore..

I should have sold the wedding ring by now though...

Gina said...

Have you ever thought about making the diamond into another piece of jewellery?

Chicken Lisa said...

Often...but it’s such a beautiful setting - and I don’t really wear any other jewellery apart from rings... Also, my ex is one of the few jewellers in Southend that could remodel it! How pleased would he be to get his mitts back on that diamond…

Gina said...

I got an ex engagement diamond made into a pendant. The present Mr thought that was shockingly insensitive..so I ended up giving it to my sister.