24 June, 2009

Stuff

Steve and I have this week off work. Last night we went to see La Roux at The Chinnerys. The place was heaving. The support act - I think they were called The Magistrates were really good - they had real stage presence. I had never heard of La Roux before - the singer reminded me a bit of Elizabeth Frasier from the Cocteau Twins. It was a good sweaty night. And the loos were clean and there wasn't a queue - what more could you want from a music venue?
Yesterday I was did a bit of gardening - as in cutting back and tidying up. Our garden is quite small and is dominated by 2 cordaline palms, various shrubs and a passion flower that covers one fence. Before I was a dog owner I loved introducing new plants and pots, but Tommy's pee does kill a lot of stuff off. And he does seem to target pots. I was thinking of potting a fuscia (rather than plant it in the ground, as our soil is alkaline) and a collection of alpines. But as Steve pointed out it would end in (my) tears when Tom kills 'em. I once asked a garden centre bod to recommend dog proof plants and he laughed and said "plastic". How do other garden loving dog owners get on?
We have finally got Sky Plus. Of course there were the usual annoyances - Sky debiting our account too many times, engineers not turning up - but after lengthy phone calls it is all sorted. I'm mainly watching Frasier and the home style shows. I'm a telly slut.

No comments: