07 September, 2008

Thoughts on a damp day

Put the stove on last night and turned the radiators on this morning. Am typing this wearing a jumper and I'm wondering what happened to Summer.  Do you know I didn't buy any summer clothes this year? I couldn't have gone shopping that in that narrow window of opportunity!
Took Tom out for a walk and bumped into a couple that I used to work with, Gordon and Sam(antha).  When I left my last job they were in the process of buying their house. As I hadn't seen them I assumed it fell through (everyone knows everyone here) but no, they moved and been living here a year. They had their 2 dogs with them and the dogs all gave each other a good sniffing whilst we had a catch up.
Yesterday I was cutting a potato and nearly sliced off the top of my finger. Blood everywhere and it took ages to stop bleeding. There were drips of my blood all over the work top. Bit disgusting.

I've been meaning to blog about this for ages, I'm fed up of Da Vinci code type books boasting that they are better written by better writers than Dan Brown. I like Dan Brown books, they're exciting and you do care about the characters. I was lucky enough to read the Da Vinci Code, before it became famous.  When I started to read it, I didn't know what it was about. I knew it was a work of fiction but it did get me interested in the divine feminine. In fact before I read that book  I didn't know there was a divine feminine ( and me with my  RE O level).

The Robbos were shouting at each other this morning.
Steve:Not everything is about you!
That stung- that's my line! I said (or rather yelled) that first (cica 1996 or 97?). He stole one of my put downs! 



No comments: