10 September, 2010

Now we are wed

I was reading Anna and the Ring, a blog about a girl's preparations for her wedding. it got me thinking, I've been married nearly 12 years. What are my words of wisdom?
The first year of marriage sucks. You will argue loads. I still don't know why this should be, it just is. Like gravity.
Never forget , that he is now your next of kin. HE CAN TURN OFF YOUR LIFE SUPPORT. Bear this in mind in your daily dealings.
After the first year, things do settle down. You remember why you got married in the first place.
You may have married your best friend, but with time he becomes more than your best friend.
These are the people who I take notice of and who can change my mind, in order:my husband, parents and my sister.
I can go off and do new things because I know he is there in the background to support me.

No comments: