20 June, 2010

Terry

I was 28, single and living at home. I was fed up. I recently ended things with my boyfriend, although really he had end it with me. Well , when someone tells you that they don't love you anymore but stick around because they may change their mind..... you leave. Well I did anyway. I think that is a very cowardly way of dumping some one - dumping with out the responsibility.
Any hoo, I was fed up. I was never going to meet any one. Angela suggested I move out and get a place of my own. But I didn't want to do that, I liked living at home. I know that is not a coll thing to say but I did. My Mum and Dad are good company, and if they were yearning to have the place to themselves they didn't let on.
I wanted a dog. In times of emotional upheaval I want a dog. We got Goldie when I started senior school(new school , new area and hormones - what a combination)We got Tommy after the failed fertility stuff.
Dad did not want to get a dog. he pointed out that I would meet some one, get married and leave the dog with him.I pouted , we got a dog.
Terry was a tiny black and white Jack Russell. I had read about the breed - intelligent , good dogs the books told me, easy to train. The books lied. Terry was a wonderful dog - but feisty - a terrible escape artist and thought she was a huge dog. terry was hard work.
5 months after getting Terry I met Mr Robbo.
Terry did become Dad's dog. He tried many things to stop her escaping out of the garden, she always bested him. Dad would put her on diets (as she got older she did get a bit porky) and she would sit in front of him, barking - demanding food.
Then on Friday at the age of 14 she had to be put to sleep. It was a good age and she was a good dog. As long as she got her on way!
I did feel sorry for Dad, he lost his dog on Friday and then England played awful at the World Cup.

No comments: