31 May, 2010

Sex and The City

Sex and The City 2 has been released and all the reviews have been bad. All the reviews I have read have been written by men. This may be a sweeping statement but NO HETEROSEXUAL MALE WILL EVER LIKE SEX AND THE CITY. Straight men are not the target audience- its the gals and the gays that like it. We are the ones that "get it". To be honest if the producers were aiming at the male hetero audience, SJP wouldn't be in the lead role- it would be Meg Ryan (before weirdy face) or Julia Roberts.
I haven't seen the film yet, but I will. I can believe that these women are really friends ( unlike Desperate Housewives. I love the opulence of it all, how they are all insanely rich, the clothes , the places where they live ....I just love it all. It is pure escapism.

3 comments:

Alex said...

I will probably watch it when it comes out on DVD. I don't get to the movie theater much- and I know my husband won't want to watch it with me :-)

Gina said...

I know - I wouldn't expect Steve to watch it with me!

Paula said...

Hi there Gina, I saw it last night, and i hate to say it, but it's disappointing to say the least. Even as a die hard SATC fan - I found it embarrasingly bad. The plot is lame, the 'wit' is sparse and the 'ladies' are a bit past it - dare I say so myself!! I am sure they did not set out to make a rubbish film, but that is in fact what they have ended up with. If nothing else the two year wait to see the girls back together made it worth sitting through, but don't get your hopes up. Paula xx