08 November, 2009

Sunday Stuff

It is Sunday morning and I have just had the luxury of being able to take my time getting ready. Steve has gone out taking the dog with him. I ran the bath and lit candles. Actually it was a good job I wasn't in a hurry because those matches are a bugger to light. It took me about 8 goes to get the match lit. I speak as someone who learnt how to use matches in the Brownies.
East Beach had a firework display last night. At least I think it was the fireworks, some of the bangs were so loud I wondered if Foulness was firing on all cylinders. If those of you who aren't local, we live Foulness Island , which is Ministry of Defence land where they test firing ranges. Usually we remain blissfully unaware of what is going on, but some times it can make the windows rattle. Tommy was a star, though. It was obvious it didn't like all the bangs, but he just curled up under my feet , looking glum. Its the first year he hasn't peed in the house, during fireworks. It has only taken 7 years!

No comments: