04 October, 2008

I couldn't help but wonder...

I watched The Sex and the City film on DVD last night (£8 from Tescos, what a bargain) I had seen it at the pictures, so it was the second time I've watched it. I'm a Sex and the City geek. These people are real to me.
My main gripe was the Miranda /Steve storyline. By the end of the film when they had reconciled, she had come to terms with him shagging else where as she was too exhausted from being a working mum to "meet his needs". They were having energetic sex (and it you haven't seen and I've spoiled it for you, tough you've had ages to go see it) - and I couldn't help but wonder -what had changed? Miranda was still a working mum, where she had suddenly found all this extra energy? I thought that was the fairy tale ending rather than Carrie and Big getting married.
Still who watches SATC for believability? I love it. I love the way they are all loaded. That they say how busy they are but they have always got time to go out together. The weird clothes Carrie wears (which none of the other characters ever comment on). Their fabulously big apartments. it is pure escapism. A fairy tale for people like me.

1 comment:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Tchoh!! I haven't seen it yet! Lol!!