03 October, 2007

My life as a train track.

My life can be traced along the Fenchurch street-Shoeburyness line.
I was born in Plaistow, just a little way after the West Ham stop. East ham depot -I lived in EastHam till I was 11 (then we moved to Ilford- different train line, but poetic licence and all that.)I went to 6th Form at Upminster, and when I first started work I commuted from Upminster. Those were the days of the slam door trains. When we lived in EastHam we used to have family days out at Chalkwell, Mum thought it nicer than Southend. Steve and I first lived together in Westcliff. I worked in Southend for 14 years (this is getting scary now- how is all this time possible?)and we now live at the end of the line. As the next stop is the sea, perhaps we could get a little boat and row to Kent.

No comments: